Monday, November 25, 2013

The Colors of Thanksgiving

Here is a photo of last year's
Thanksgiving table at one of my
daughter's house.
That salad with pomegranate seeds was
fabo!

We had a wonderful time and happily wore the headdresses
that my grandson, Will, made.


Picture of Thanksgiving past...

And another of one at our home in New York.
I am in Florida now and I miss these old days and my
turkey transferware plates which I loved using.

I do have some brown transfer ware here and thought
I would share the dishes I have.

First, a cup of tea and a search for the colors to fit the occasion.

This plate is a colorful one.
Spode Copeland
Reynolds

Royal Staffordshire
Clarice Cliff
 Harvest

Wedgewood and Co, Ltd.
Windermere

Myott's Bouquet

Sheraton by Johnson Bros.

J & G Meakin
Gainsborough

Olde English Countryside
Johnson Bros.

Windsor Ware
FB & C Johnson Bros.
Ponoma


I recently acquired some new/old Beatrix Potter figures.
 I chose to show those that have the colors of the season.
Here is Old Mr. Brown by Beswick.

Another Beswick,
Squirrel Nutkin


Mr. McGregor had the right colors too.
 (He is not happy that the rabbits have gotten into his garden.)

This last plate is also Johnson Bros.
The pattern is Devonshire
I leave you with a cute Thanksgiving ditty:
May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump
May your 
potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs.

Ha! Seriously, we wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Be grateful for your freedoms, friends and family.
Dame Ruthie

15 comments:

Meegan said...

Good memories of Thanksgivings past. We can't promise Mr. MacGregor any rabbit stew, but we'd love for you to join us :) As always, we are thankful for you!

Chesha Oliver said...

I love the pictures from last Thanksgiving. I forgot how pretty my table looked with Mike's stuffed quail at the center. Haha. But who could forget those headdresses. Now that is a fun picture. So many fond memories of Thanksgivings past in Peconic, Rockville Centre, Seaford, Wantagh, and even one is Disney World. Believe the blessings of the love around us in the common theme. We are certainly going to miss you this year. But we look forward to Thanksgivings future together again. (Don't worry, I saved the headdresses!).

kitty said...

Awww so many wonderful memories for you! I loved seeing all your pretty transferware. How special they all are. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Ruthie!

Snap said...

I loved your Thanksgiving past photos -- the headdresses are great! What sweet memories. Your china plates are gorgeous and each perfect for the season. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Tea Day!

Ruth Weston said...

Wonderful photos! Transferware is so perfect for Thanksgiving, isn't it! The head dresses are so cute! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Ruth

Karen said...

Hi Ruthie,
I am starting to collect some brown transferware too. I enjoyed seeing and just love your collection. The Thanksgiving teapot is so perfect! You have a beautiful family too! As a previous kindergarten teacher I am impressed by your little grandson's headdresses! So Cute! Thank you for visiting me! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Karen

Angela McRae said...

I loved seeing all your pretty fall-hued wares! And Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Terri said...

Isn't it nice to look at images of happy holidays past? I think that the headdresses are amazing! You all look like you had a great time together.
I am loving your tea cup here! And your plate collection is lovely. The coloring just right for this time of year.
Happy Thanksgiving : )
Hugs,
Terri

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a wonderful post of years past tablescapes and present china patterns you have. I love the Olde English Countryside by JB. I have a 'thing' for pastoral scenes. Cute little BP figurines too. Thank you for sharing at Tea Time and have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Blessings,
Sandi

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: What great pictures of your family. Love it all. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Blessings, Martha

KathyB. said...

I love, love, love the Beatrix Potter figurines, and the pictures of your family wearing the headdresses made me smile. Some of the best holidays I have had were adorned with children's happy art projects.

The dishes you chose to show for this season really do fit in with autumn & Thanksgiving theme.

Beth said...

What cute plates, and how adorable are the headpieces used as placecards! Happy Thanksgiving!

Barby said...

Belated Thanksgiving wishes South.
Your happy, beautiful family simply sparkles in their colourful headdresses, Dame Ruthie. What fun!
Both tables are warmly seasonal and wonderfully festive.
Terrific selection of transferware - I'm a big fan of Clarice Cliff.
Beatrix Potter figurines - always winning, and isn't Squirrel Nutkin the cutest thing. Is he quite old?

BJ said...

LOVED this post Ruthie! Just like I thought your Thanksgivings would look like. We also had "transferware" for our table in Va. Beach. Loved the old Beatrix Potter figurines! Yes....where DO you KEEP all your china? :) Will's headdresses added just the right touch, not to mention the quail !

Kamao Poot said...

Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
EarningsClub.com