Saturday, November 16, 2013

Serendipity

Hello, Lady B here. I experienced a very serendipitous occurrence a few weeks ago. I was walking in my neighborhood on a bright fall day. I saw my neighbor Liz outside of her house so I stopped to chat. She asked me how things were and I replied that I was writing a book about tea and finding it more difficult than I had expected! So Liz replied that she was writing a book too! It will be about illustrated children's books. Then she said she had a blog. So of course I said "I do too!"  So we exchanged blog addresses and I hurried home to check out her blog. Please visit her blog when you have a chance. Liz'sBookSnuggery.com  Well, a few days passed and I found a box on my front porch. In it was this sweet teacup.


 
 
So I guessed where it came from. I put a little gift in the box and put it on her doorstep.
A few days later I saw a bag on my doorstep. You guessed it - another anonymous package. This time containing two tea cups!
                      This beautiful cup adorned with pansies from the      Salisbury company in England.
And this sweet rosie teacup from the Elizabethan company in England.  I'm not sure who is going to strike next but I do know I have a very nice relationship with a neighbor who I now have quite a lot in common with!

11 comments:

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Oh I just think that is about the neatest thing EVER. How much fun - you two, I can imagine shall become very dear friends in time.

There is nothing like building a relationship around tea time, is there? Hope you have her over soon and share the time with us.

I love you are writing a tea book- you know I am a big fan! ♥

Made my day reading this happy post! I am going over to see her blog now.

Lady B and Dame Ruthie said...

Hi Michele, Thank you for your kind comment. We are big fans of yours! I'll have Liz for tea soon and we'll share it with you!

Nancy Carr said...

How sweet. I love the surprise aspect of the gifts. Blessings

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

They say there are no strangers - only friends we haven't met yet. What delightful fun you are having.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You've shared a warm and touching story about your meeting with the neighbour. She was kind to leave you pretty teacups and your gesture of reciprocating with something nice for her makes me think a special relationship is forming.
Good luck with your book.

Lady B and Dame Ruthie said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I love the way we all connect as bloggers. Life is very good!

Angela McRae said...

What great teacups! And good luck with your book about tea -- and I assume we'll "read it here" when copies are ready for purchase!

Barby said...

What a delightful way to begin a new friendship, and I will look forward to reading the further adventures of Lady B and Liz.
Very exciting about both your books. :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a lovely way to begin a new friendship and you have so much in common too. Her teacup gifts are beautiful and how nice that it gave you a chance to bless her as well. Thank you for sharing your sweet story of friendship with us and enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ruthie Miller said...

I really love this whole story. What a pleasant and sweet surprise all around-to have found each other, to both be writing a book and to be leaving gifts for each other.
I also love your opening line... "a serendipitous occurrence". I really like that!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the family. xo

Kamao Poot said...

Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
EarningsClub.com