Cheers!

Cheers!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

OK...One More Book

I received this book in the mail on Friday. I have been waiting anxiously for it to be published and here it is. Now, it's not strictly about tea, but it is entirely about England!

Susan Branch documents her two-month trip to England which begins on the Queen Elizabeth 2 cruise ship.

She visits lovely gardens and castles and houses. It's a very personal diary that is hand-written. I really started to think that I have a new best-friend!

I recommend this book to everyone. The one passage that completely blew me away is the following:

" Now I realize an Anglophile is not made, she is born - in the gardens of rural England, in a tearoom on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales & she can't be held responsible. It's like falling in love, she has to go with it. She sees an English Meadow in the middle of a stadium in London during the Olympics with real sheep and shepherds and geese and wildflowers and she realizes she is in love with the people who would DO that. She hangs up her bunting, turns on Downton Abbey and says , sign me up."

Yes, Susan Branch touches every British nerve in my body. Please give this book a look. I know you will enjoy it!
Cheers from Lady B !!

13 comments:

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Most assuredly!

Thank you so much for the recommendation!

Susan Branch said...

That was so nice to see Barbara!!! Thank YOU! Do you subscribe to TeaTime Magazine? I already know you must. Such a sweet magazine, and every thing we love! Thank you for liking my book, you just made my day. xoxo Susan

Angela McRae said...

Oh, I love Susan Branch and this sounds truly wonderful! Thank you for sharing this--must order now!

Lady B and Dame Ruthie said...

Thank you so much ! You made OUR day!!

Ruthie Miller said...

Dear Readers,
You must get this book! I loved every single word, thought, photo and drawing. Susan makes you feel like she is an old friend. How much we have in common! Love of England, the countryside, Jane, Beatrix, words of Wordsworth, Tea_oh, all of it. I cried, I laughed and I read it in two sittings.
Smitten, Dame Ruthie

Lady B and Dame Ruthie said...

Of course I subscribe to TeaTime magazine. But you knew that!! Cheers!

KathyB. said...

I think I need this book. :)

Cathy said...

Yes, it's a MUST READ, if you love beautiful things.

Sandra said...

Oh I want this book! There's a few books I want to order and this one is on my list. Thanks for the recommendation and for sharing a few words from Susan Branch.

Barby said...

Love what you said, love what Susan said, (quote from her book) and love England. Anxiously waiting for my copy to arrive over the border.
(sort of) Quoting Samuel Johnson...
...When a man is tired of 'England' he is tired of life.'
Susan's lovely, amazing book will keep me good company until I can journey there again.

Marilyn said...

I just finished reading this book and highly recommend it too. Loved it. There was mention of a tea party in the middle of a stream, that one intrigued me.

Anonymous said...

Love to own this book. I am one of the girlfriends who went in her suitcase and was at all the events in the book. I loved the trip and would love to own the book. Lucky you.
Sylvia Faye

Christina said...

I saw a write up of this book in Victoria magazine and put on my must buy list but wasn't sure it was released yet-Can't wait! Thanks for sharing!