Cheers!

Cheers!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Mariage Freres

Lady B here. We were in Paris last week! Doesn't that sound decadent?
I had to take the opportunity to visit the Mariage Freres tea museum and tea room. There are quite a few of them in Paris. We chose the one inside the Louvre since we were there to look at the myriads of masterpieces including the very small Mona Lisa.

Here is their sign which is also their trademark

A tea-lovers' dream come true!

I believe they carry more than 500 types of tea! I purchased  Earl Grey Provence which has a delicate lavender scent. I also bought French Breakfast tea to celebrate my trip!

This lovely tea room was adjacent to the tea museum.

Not only did they have this huge selection of tea, they also displayed tea paraphernalia from the 1850's

Right next door was this divine chocolate shop called La Maison Du Chocolat where I purchase delicious macarons (pronounced ma-ka-ROHNS). I brought some back for Dame Ruthie and we both agreed that they were the best we ever tasted! They were filled with a ganache that had a fabulous fudge-like flavor!

Right now I am am enjoying my French tea and am filled with gratitude for having such a nice adventure. Bon Jour!!

14 comments:

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

Oh My Goodness! You have been blessed with an adventure in France.What a dream,so enchanting.Enjoy-Denise

Barby said...

MERVEILLEUX!
MAGNIFIQUE!

What fun to read about - great photos, a special trip!
Thank you Lady B, and welcome home!:)

Tazas y Cuentos said...

Such an interesting visit.
I love that beautiful teacup and the photo with those macarons, seem to be so yummy.
Besos from Argentina! Silvina

Angela McRae said...

What a delightful trip! I am happy to see the inside of Mariage Freres' tea shop, as it is much larger than I had imagined. Fun photos!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

What a dreamy trip and a wonderful (perfect) spot for your to visit.

I love the teas you chose, had to be a difficult task to decide among over 500 flavors- WOW!

I ADORE your delicate nippon cup - looks like a cousin of the one I posted about the other day - and mmmmmm how I adore well made macarons. I haven't had one in a long long time.

Lovely post. Welcome back!!

Johanna said...

Hi Ladies,
what a wonderful visit in Paris. Not only the possibility to visit he famous Louvre but also this amazing tea shop. The macarons look gorgeoius. I have had some here from a different maker an liked them so much that I started to make my own one. Turned out not so pretty but yummy. Your tea cup is the perfect match to the sweets. Thank you for sharing your great stay in Paris and for your visit and the kind comment on my blog.
Best greetings, Johanna

Martha's Favorites said...

You are one lucky lady. Love the tea cup! Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Veronica Roth said...

Oh Lady B how nice to have been in Paris! I'll be off to England in a couple of weeks and so am really looking forward to getting off the NA continent and being in Europe for a few months. I miss E so much and sometimes really feel like moving back permanently, but then I'd miss the West Coast. Well, this way I have the best of both worlds. I'm really fascinated with Earl Gray Provence and will try to find it somewhere around; maybe Harrods. All the best to you and Ruthie and I hope you have a lovely week. :)

Bernideen said...

What an incredible experience!!!! So glad you linked this post to Tea In The Garden!

Darlene said...

Hello Lady B,

What a wonderful tea adventure! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks,

Darlene

Lady Linda said...

Such a wonderful adventure! I can't imagine...must be like a dream.
Linda

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Bon jour to you too, Lady B,
What a fabulous visit to Paris you must have had! The tea room must have seemed like a dream and all that tea; lovely! Earl Gray Provence sounds delicious and your French macarons look yummy. I love all the pretty colours they come in. Thank you so much for sharing your Parisian adventure with us and have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Rosetta said...

Amo tazze e thé!Il tuo blog mi piace molto divento follower!Rosetta