Cheers!

Cheers!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Thousand Flowers...Chintzy?

 Here is my almost favorite tea cup. See the beautiful gold at it's base? I think I mentioned this before, but I saw this in a tea room and the only difference was the inside gold ring was as thick as the base ring. When there was tea in the cup it gave the illusion of the whole inside being entirely made of gold. It was stunning! Now it has become my quest to find that elusive tea cup.

 The cup was made by the Tuscan company and the pattern is Mille Fleurs
 See that gorgeous gold trim!
 This is a sweet, tiny chintz cup I acquired recently.
 It's Royal Winton but I can't figure out the name of the pattern.
 It's very pretty.
 There it is on the right. Rather small compared to a regular tea cup. I told my grand daughter that it was made just for her!
 While on the subject of chintz, here is a lovely little dish made by James Kent, Ltd. in Longton, England. The pattern is Du Barry.


 And this is my newest treasure found yesterday whilst in the presence of Dame Ruthie. It's Royal Winton Grimwades, made in England. The pattern is Summertime.
 I assume it is a cheese dish, or maybe a butter dish. Any ideas??
 Well, it's a pretty dish.
So, Can we conclude that Mille Fleurs are Chintz-ish? I really love both styles. And don't forget to let me know if you know where I can find the cup with the large gold band on the inside.  Thank you!!

17 comments:

LELO said...

Cute teacups!!!! I like them a lot!

Thanks for sharing

leon10 said...

lovely mille fleur !very pretty
leon10

Ruthie Miller said...

Chintz makes me happy!! I am so glad to see all your pretty flowers. Delightful gardens of flowers.
Love all the patterns and especially together-their riotous colors and patterns, are divine.
Love them all!
Dame Ruthie

Nancy Carr said...

I just looked on ebay and saw one cup like you have. The thick gold band would make a beautiful difference. I did not see any on etsy and will keep this in memory. I love your blog and all the beauty. Thank you so much.

sandy said...

Love all your chintz! I have a couple of chintz cups that are My favorite also.

Barby said...

There's nothing more beautiful in teacups than Chintz.
I love yours, Lady B.

Antiques And Teacups said...

I dearly love chintz! Great collection!
Ruth

Antiques And Teacups said...

By the way, your first Royal Winto Grimwades is an earlier version of Summertime!
Ruth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love the chintz! They are like little gardens on a teacup. The butter dish is darling too. Thanks so much for sharing and have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

relevanttealeaf said...

Your Chintz Collection is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us.
I love your newest acquisition, and I can tell you're having a lot of fun collecting chintz.

Magnolia Cottage said...

Love your pretty Chintz teacups! The butter dish is beautiful too! Thanks for sharing.
hugs,
Lisa

janice15 said...

Your Chintz tea cups are lovely...and the tiny chintz cup to sweet. I bet it made your granddaughter very happy. The Butter or cheese plate is very pretty and it's either or as most say... all the tea cups are very nice. Thank you for your visit I appreciate it.. come by again today I will join you hope you come join me to...Have a most wonderful day with love Janice

Lady Linda said...

Oh I love CHINTZ anything! My most favorite teacup is a chintz that I got for a special birthday. I always love your posts and look forward to my visits.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey Thеre. I founԁ your blog the usage of msn.
This is a really well wгіtten аrticle.
I will be sure to boοkmark іt anԁ return to learn extra of your useful info.

Тhanκ you for the post. I'll definitely comeback.

Here is my site: toy

Rosewalk Cottage said...

Your Royal Winton pattern is named Springtime. It is my favorite pattern. I only have a vase and a salt shaker in that pattern. I would love to find a teacup. I love everything in your post.
~Clara

Terri said...

Oh wonderful post! What enjoyment to read! I love all your china as well. It looks so lovely. The chintz is amazing! I only have a few chintz pieces myself, and I do enjoy them.
Thanks so much for showing them to us.
Hugs,
Terri

Angela McRae said...

Oh, chintz makes me so happy -- and you as well, I see!