Cheers!

Cheers!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tea Cup Thursday...Haggis and Heather

Well, the haggis, the tatties and neeps have been eaten and the tartans have been put away. We'll  look forward to next year's Robbie Burns Dinner

I thought I would share my heather tea cups with you. 
I just love the cap and swords. It's so very Scottish.
And the heather is so very pretty!

This cup is from the Royal Stafford Tartan Series. It is the MacDonald tartan.


It's very pretty with all the lovely heather.


I'm on the look out for a MacKenzie tea cup from the series. My daughter is now  a McKenzie and even though  she doesn't spell it in the Scottish way, it would still be a great find.


9 comments:

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Such pretty teacups! I do love the heather. Hope you find a MacKenzie teacup soon!
Nancy

Antiques And Teacups said...

Love the heather...which grows well here, and hate the haggis! Great teacup. Love tartans as well.
Ruth

Bernideen said...

How interesting and something I have not seen! Really lovely!

relevanttealeaf said...

Beautiful Tartan teacup. My hubby and I went to a Robert Burns dinner when we visited Edinburgh, Scotland, but I didn't eat the Haggis. Hubby liked it though.
I mailed your giveaway package off yesterday, and insured it, so please let me know when it arrives and if the contents are undamaged. Thanks so much! ~ Phyllis

Ruthie Miller said...

Love your tea cups, Lady B! Now, let's go find more tartans to add to your collection. :)
Thank you, Phyllis. I will let you know.

Angela McRae said...

I'll have to see if there was a McRae (or even MacRae) cup in the series!

Lady Linda said...

Oh I adore heather and I adore that cup and saucer! WOW.
I do have just a wee bit of Scots in my heritage.

Barby said...

Pretty teacups, Lady B.
Perhaps a trip to the heaths to find the elusive one? :)

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

I love reading your blog- I always learn so much.

I love that plaid - one of my favs. I used to have a skirt (size 5, the good old days) in it and about wore it out....well, no outgrew it is more the truth of the matter...but loved it.