Cheers!

Cheers!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tea Cup Thursday






It's so good being in Florida now. I love perusing the antique shops. I found this treasure in Stuart. It's a delicate Shelley tea cup.
This is the saucer. I just love the little rosebuds.
As an extra bonus, it came with a little matching dish.
The pattern is called Bridal Rose.
Then, last week Dame Ruthie and I went to a sweet little tea room in Palm Beach Gardens and I found this pale pink Aynsley cup and saucer.
Look at the lovely flowers inside the tea cup.
Another nice thing about being in Florida is the people you meet. My friend Maryanne from Delray makes these gorgeous decorated gift boxes by hand.
She has a shop on Etsy where you can see all the different gift boxes she makes. I gave a large wedding box to my niece and it was the hit of the shower. She keeps mementos from her wedding in it. If you have a chance, stop by her shop.www.etsy.com/shop/WrapsodyandInk

12 comments:

Ruthie Miller said...

Love your new treasures!! You are "in the pink"! :)

Barby said...

The Shelley tea cup is the cutest thing, Lady B.
Kudos to you and Dame Ruthie for celebrating tea as you do.

Linda at Friendship Tea said...

I have found some of my best teacup bargains in Florida!

Laurie Ritchey said...

Such pretty tea cups, and how wonderful to have the additional uniquely shaped plate with the one set. I love when a tea cup has something pretty on the inside as well as the outside. laurie

Antiques And Teacups said...

A Shelley is always a favorite...and the Aynsley is lovely too! Wonderful finds!
Ruth

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

pretty pretty pretty!!

Be sure to share that with Pink Saturday in a few days.

I adore that Shelley pattern - have had a few but never keep them, they always sell so fast.

There is something about the scalloped shape and that sweet soft baby pink that gets me big time.

Love this pretty post!

Send warmth, we're COLD up here!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What sweet teacups and what a find! I'm in Florida for a couple of months and am enjoying the antique malls. Have a good evening!
Nancy

Lady Linda said...

A fantastic teacup! I envy you being in Florida! Sounds like you are having a lovely time.
Linda

relevanttealeaf said...

Your teacups are BEAUTIFUL. I especially like the Shelley one.
Glad you're having a great time in Florida. It's very cold in the Northlands! Definitely hot tea weather.

Shelia said...

Oh, what lovely teacups. The scalloped one is so pretty. Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Angela McRae said...

What lovely new teacups! In these gray days of winter, I especially appreciate seeing the "gardens" on everyone's teawares!

GardenofDaisies said...

Both of these tea cups are gorgeous. Love all the delicate pink flowers!