Cheers!

Cheers!

Monday, December 3, 2012

The End of My Commemoratives?

 Seriously, I am at the end of sharing my royal commemoratives. We shall end (for now) with Princess Diana. I have some choice tankards and mugs to show you. And yes, I love my two Diana dolls.
 This tankard is Spode bone china. They look so happy in the photo.
 This is a rather strange mug. It is quite like the one above but it is black with gold lettering. I use it to store some of my paint brushes.


This is a Portmerion tankard made in England. It has a rather unusual handle.

Diana looks wistful in this portrait.

On either side of the portraits are ladies with cornucopias of cascading flowers. The words in the ribbon are Royal Wedding, health, peace, long life, love and happiness. Sadly ironic.

Here is my bride doll!

This is a very large tankard. I really like the wedding bells border.

Here is Diana.

Here is Charles in need of a haircut.




The tankard is Wedgwood. The number is 749 out of 3,000 designed by Richard Guyatt.
Here is a "faux" Wedgwood tankard. I like it non the less.
Saint Paul's Cathedral
Even the handle is pretty. I hope you enjoyed the last of my commemoratives. I'm sure I pick up some more in the future ( especially with Will and Kate) and I will love to share them with you.

17 comments:

Ruthie Miller said...

Well, it's official! Kate is pregnant so I know there will be more commemoratives in your future. Just think, Lady Di would be a grandmother. I am so excited for them. I read the announcement. She is very ill and will be in the hospital for a few days. They didn't say when she was due. I wouldn't think they would say she was pregnant until she was past the first 3 months...

Angela McRae said...

Love your commemoratives (I was a Di fan too!), and I chuckled at your remark about Charles needing a haircut!

Nancy Carr said...

I loved Di. It is interesting timing that this blog came out on the day Kate's pregnancy was announced. Love your blog!

Johanna said...

Hello dear Ladies,
thats a great collection. Lady Diana was really a Queen of the hearts. Thank you for sharing all this wonderful memorabilias. Have a wonderful Advent time.
Best greetings, Johanna

The Teaist said...

Given that Kate is pregnant, I am sure you'll have more collectibles in the near future!

I like the faux Wedgwood too!

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love the commemoratives. What is the mark on the faux Wedgwood...it looks quite a bit like ones I have that aren't faux....
Ruth

relevanttealeaf said...

What wonderful Royal commemoratives you have! Loved looking at the dolls and tankards.

Chesha Oliver said...

I read the announcement too and it said she was less than 12 weeks, but they went public because she's in the hospital. I knew you would be very excited!!

Chesha Oliver said...

I read the announcement too and it said she was less than 12 weeks, but they went public because she's in the hospital. I knew you would be very excited!!

Jacqueline said...

One commentator said severe morning sickness is a sign of multiple babies! Wouldn't that be wonderful.

Jacqueline said...

One commentator said severe morning sickness is a sign of multiple babies! Wouldn't that be wonderful.

Jann Olson said...

What a wonderful collection. Now you will have to collect baby items when the new baby arrives.
Hugs,
Jann

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a special collection you have! If I had more room I would love to collect the dolls! So pretty! Have a wonderful week!
Nancy

Antiques And Teacups said...

Ruthie! If you want to enter the giveaway, you have to do the linky. I have no way to contact you and don't know your email so can't do it for you!
Ruth

Barby said...

I love the first Princess Diana doll especially. I believe that's the dress I saw at the V&A in London, 5 years ago. It was shocking to see how thin Princess Diana was!
Thrilled as can be for Will and Kate. I hope it's the heir and the spare. :)

Darlene said...

Lovely collection. My Aunt had a Diana doll I always wish I had. I think she sold it and many years down the road she found another one at a yard sale. I think she sold that one too. She paid $2.00 dollars for it. Take care, and thanks for visiting my blog. Darlene

Lady Linda said...

Oh, so fun. I like the doll too. Such a fun collection you have.
Linda